“All organizations are perfectly designed to get the results they are now getting. If we want different results, we must change the way we do things.”
― Tom Northup
May 2013 ushered in a season of change within the Duncanville City Council. Some of the result of that change are
1. The settlement of an unneeded, community dividing lawsuit against a local businessman
2. Hiring competent legal representation to protect the community’s interest
3. Hiring an interim city manager to change the culture in City Hall
4. Approving a summer feeding program for the youth
5. Providing resources to perform an analysis of the City Council to determine how well we measure up to the City Charter’s expectations.
There is so much more that can and should be done. Unfortunately, the changes that have taken place have been made in the face of determined and unrelenting opposition. Many of our friends and neighbors have expressed concern about gridlock. I would say that as of now, our City government is perfectly designed to achieve some hard earned change in the face of gridlock.
If you, DUNCANVILLE VOTER want to continue to see different results and a different direction from the past two years, we need to change the way we do things….and who we choose to do them for us.
In May 2014, continue the change you started in May 2013. Change is good.
Think about it.